Friday, April 27, 2012

Bathroom, Day 15

Wait. Waiting. Waited. That's what we've been doing. Waiting for set times. Waiting for cure times. Waiting to do anything. I'll admit there was a few days that we didn't do anything.

What I did do one day was seal the tile and the grout. I thought it would've been fast but not really. It took me about a little over an hour for each coat. I did one coat on Monday night and then another Tuesday afternoon. The sealer only needed 4 hours to cure completely. I did a "test" after 4 hours, which was to put water on some spots and watch for beading and water being soaked in. Thankfully, it beaded and never seem to soak in. Success!

Then on Tuesday night I caulked. Again, I mistakenly thought it'll be quick. Ha! Prepping for it took longer. Using the gun took longer and more energy to use it. I don't even know what the process or term is but the removal of the excess caulk was WAY WAY more difficult than I thought. I read to prep the space by putting two parallel pieces of painters tape near your joints/adjoining planes and then you could just pull it off. Well, do you do as such when it's fresh? No because it seemed to take more off than should've. Do you do as such when it has dried for 15 minutes? No because then it left it looking wrinkled. Basically what I'm trying to say is caulking is hard, hard work. I'd liken it to painting the Sistine Chapel.

I've given you 2 pictures. One is of a bad caulk spot and the other is how I wish the entire project would've went, smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment