Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bullshit Mountain

I love Jon Stewart and The Daily Show. I can remember watching him 13 years ago when he took over as the host but I think my fondest memories are at my sisters. When I was done working at the Clearfield Pool(now known as the Clearfield Aquatic Center) I would go over to my oldest sisters house. Usually, to return the nights dinner dish but also to see my nephew, and later nephews. Each time I went we would watch The Daily Show, except on Friday. That is where my affinity for Jon Stewart was born.

I've compiled two of my favorite clips from the show. When I think of The Daily Show these are what come to my mind.

Check out this 8 minute bit on job hunting.

Or this tongue in cheek clip

Well last nights episode also had another gem. The video is great but in years to come it's not the video I'll recall. It's the words.

"The biggest problem with the denizens of bullshit mountain is they act like their shit don't stink. If they have success, they built it. If they failed, the government ruined it for them. If they get a break, they deserve it. If you get a break, it's a handout and an entitlement. It's a baffling willfully blind, cognitive dissonance."

Well The Daily Show is now on so it's time to say goodbye. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment