Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A new tradition

This past saturday I invited the whole family down to the Festival of Trees. Usually it's just Crystal & Hunter who get invited but I decided to branch out and invite my more "handful" nephews. I'm glad I did because I had a ton of fun.

Amazingly, we were able to get the children to look at a TON of trees. Of the 800 they had we covered a GOOD 50%. Even Hunter last year got bored and really only saw a few handfuls. We devised an awesome Christmas Hunt for them and it tricked them into seeing more. Next year, because there will be a next year, we'll bring clipboards.

The best tree-a very pretty oriental umbrella(can't quite remember what they're really called) tree. I was too lazy to look for the photo I took, so watch for me to post it on Twitter.

The best "green" tree-the one made from soda cans. Truly awesome!

Thing I never thought I'd see sold at Fest of Trees-bleach. No joke. Look at the picture. .50cents, pretty good deal. Just not entirely sure WHY it was being sold.

After all that walking we hit up the Mayan. Great theme but eh, okay food. The kids adored it so I'm glad we went. Noah said it looked like the temple of doom. They loved the divers. It was fantastic.

Even though we were gone from 9am to 7:30pm it really was a great time. The train rides, the trees, the show. I wouldn't want it any other way or with any other people. Best gift I've ever given myself.

That excludes my MUSE tickets though. So excited!!! 3 more days.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment