Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cherry Ice Cream Smile..

..I suppose it's very nice.

What a day yesterday was! I came home from a hard days work to make us some pizza and cherry scones. I made a sauce from scratch, chopped up our veggies and shredded the mozzarella. I roll out the pizza dough, which is a task I loathe because it's tedious like pie crust, and top it with the aforementioned items. I'm getting all excited and cannot wait for my pizza. Into the pre-heated oven it goes...

Let's venture backward in time for a bit. Many months ago my genius brother wanted to make himself a snack. He puts his snack onto a cookie sheet and pops it into the oven. After a while he notices it is smoking. Turns out a plastic piece of "silverware" was "stuck" to the bottom of the cookie sheet and he "cooked" it. The "cooking" causes it drip onto the electric coil thus causing the smoking. He goes forth into the oncoming days without mentioning this to any of us. When we use the oven next the plastic causes the coil to bend out of shape, so when I notice this he finally mentions the spill.

We try to clean it off best we could but it never really does come clean. It only seems to cause issues if we use it at a high heat or for long periods of time so we continue to use it. Luckily it is summer so we try to limit use of the oven. Sometimes though recipes or just baking in general gets the better of me and I use it non-stop.

So our pizza is in the oven at 425 degrees, usually we use 475 but like I said it doesn't do well with high heat. Well it considered 425 today as high heat. When I went to turn the pizza after being in for 8 mins the coil was sparking like fireworks! I'm not exaggerating or making it up. It was! It would change from sparking to a bright light. As my mother and I contemplated how we should put "the fire" out I snapped a picture for you good folks. So now I'm ovenless. What am I going to do?!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment