Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Smitten with the cold stuff

I love ice cream. I love it plain, I love it topped. Butter pecan, smore's, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, praline pecan, fudge ripple, peanut butter, cookies n cream, caramel, cherry chocolate chip and so many more that I can't name. Sometimes I'll eat mint chocolate chip just because I got to have ice cream. I love it full fat, 1/2 fat, no sugar added, sorbet, sherbert, gelato and fro yo. Simply put I love it.

What I don't like is the waiting. The waiting for the ice cream to hit the perfect temperature where it is still semi solid but melty enough to be a little runny. This texture can only be achieved by patiently waiting with your hands around the bowl. The rub lies in the fact that you have to stare at the wonderful stuff as you try and remain hands off. Whatever you do, don't rush it. Don't think for a second that you can put it in the microwave and heat it up so you can eat your cool creamy treat faster. It's not the same and quite honestly microwaving it ruins it. Don't do it! Wait and you will reap the rewards. The reward of the perfect bowl of ice cream.

Now that I've waited as I typed this post on up, I'm off to enjoy me some cookies n cream. Yeah.....

2 comments:

  1. I know you posted this awhile ago, but I am a slacker and just read it. So I must comment.
    Does ice cream still do to you what it used too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! If by makes me gassy, then yes it still does.

    ReplyDelete