Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bathroom, Days 8-10

I've been neglecting my updates. Sorry folks. Well, actually let's be honest, I've switched to sending them to you via texts. And to be truthful I just haven't had any thoughts other than pure hate for bathrooms over these days.

Days 8 & 9 consisted of tiling. Tiling and more tiling. When I wasn't tiling I was tiling and then when I was tiling I was thinking about tiling. We averaged it out and it took me approx 5 minutes to lay each tile. What?! I can't believe it but, sadly, it is true. I thought I could have it tiled in a matter of hours, like 4 or 5. Instead it took me 15ish hours spread out over 2 days. I hate tile.

But I LOVE the look of it! Then day 10 we bought the vanity and sink. We will have that installed tomorrow. I also grouted the tile today and that was a bitch as well. Seriously, tilers must hate themselves to do this day in and day out. A friend told me it would take me 1 hour or so to grout. It took me 4 hours. I've learned everything will take me double, sometimes triple, the amount of time. As it slowly comes together and I get a few moments of rest I think "I should update my blog" rather than the constant hate.

The nice thing is all this hard work results in some pretty imaginative dreams.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment